The top 3 +1 places to see the full moon in Crete for August 2019
Updated: Aug 17, 2021
The four best places to see the full moon in #Crete for August 2019, with music performances and, what's more, for free! Check the following events, organized by the Greek Ministry of Culture and the local Ephorates of the Greek Archaeological Service, for the evening of 15.08.2019:
1. Archaeological Museum of Herakleion (garden): Music event at the garden of the museum (20:30).
2. Archaeological Site of #Gortyna: Musical event in collaboration with the Cultural Associations of Mesara and the Municipality of Gortyna. The site will be open to the public from 21:00 until the end of the event.
3. Archaeological Site of #Tylissos: Musical Jazz Night with the jazz-o-matic band, in memoriam of Constantine Kouvidis. The event will take place in the surrounding area of Tylisos archaeological site in collaboration with the Cultural Association and the Municipality of Malevizi. The archaeological site will remain open for visitors from 21:00 until the end of the event.
1. Archaeological site of #Rokka: Symphonic concert with National Symphonic Orchestra of the Youth of Crete under the direction of the maestro Miltis Logiadis. From 20:00 until 24:00.
* Moreover you can also visit the Archaeological Site of #Malia on 16.08.2019 for the "Summer Concert. Evening with George Katsaros" (the site will remain open from 21:00 until the end of the event), and the #Knossos Research Centre of the British School at Athens on 18.08.2019 for the event "An anthem on the Moon", music evening co-organised with the British School at Athens, start time 20:30.
>> Information from the press release and the official website of the Greek Ministry of Culture: https://www.culture.gr/el/Information/SitePages/view.aspx?nID=2908#prettyPhoto