The 4 + 1 Best Christmas Things to do in Crete, 2019
Updated: Jun 13
Either in vacation or staycation, Christmas is a great time to explore #Crete and at the same time attend to some really interesting events. Let’s have a discussion about them, they are interesting, spiritual and most of them about a good cause.
1. 24.12.2019: Christmas Eve Mass at the Cave of Agios Ioannis, near Marathokephala, west Crete, in an experiential way resembling uniquely the Holy Cave in Bethlehem (21:00-00:15).
2. 26.12.2019: Santa Run Chania 2019: walk a route of around 3,5 km in the historic and commercial center of #Chania, wearing Santa Claus costumes! This popular event has a fundraising purpose in order to aid four Greek institutions for children with health issues.
3. 27.12.2019: Christmas Bike Ride in Agios Nikolaos, starting point at Eleftherios Venizelos sq., circle route in the roads of the town (18:00), a competition for the best Christmas decorated bicycle will take place as well as a charity collection of children’s toys.
4. 31.12.2019: New Year’s Eve in #Heraklion at Christougenniatiko Kastro open Christmas market at Eleftherias sq. (21:15-23:59), and of course don’t miss to follow the local custom and eat bougatsa (sweet pie with custard) while celebrating the New Year!
5. Moreover, you can try to explore and attend to more events taking place almost every day in Cretan towns!
Do you like to visit Crete? Click here to start!
For further information send us an email: email@example.com
🔃 What do you think about those suggestions? Feel free to leave a comment or visit our Instagram account and share your reviews!